Last time we talked about the ways to improve learning abilities and I hope that was a useful read to you. Now, if you feel that one or more of your children are having difficulty embracing their learning capabilities, you should not lose hope. Neither should you stop helping them try. Instead, as parents, take it as a challenge to find ways to develop their brain functions well and motivate them to learn more.
With your spouse, relatives, and kids’ teacher, encourage and assist them to develop their intellectual abilities so that they can keep up with other children of their age.
Here are several important guidelines on how to properly guide and assist slow learners.
- First, you have to accept the fact that your child is slower than his classmates, neighbors, or siblings. If you keep denying such truth, you may not be able to advance with the situation and do appropriate measures.
- Recognize that your child may not be headed for a very high or prestigious college career, so avoid expecting too much. Since you know what his real status is, hope for something achievable or realistic for him.
- Listen to what teachers tell you about your child. They can usually be more objective than you are since they know how he is performing in class. Ask them for advice on how to encourage the child to study more at home.
- Be patient and keep your cool when teaching your child. After all, being either overly hostile to too indulgent toward shim will not help with his limitations.
- Feel good about and appreciate your child’s achievements and put an emphasis on his strengths and assets. Reward him for every good thing he does, even with simple praises and hugs, so that he can associate good work with likability.
- Understand that your child’s need for guidance, support, planning, and stimulation are of the same level as what your other children require from you.
- Accept the fact that what your child learns and how he absorbs them may be different from the manner, rate, and content of others. Thus, you need to demonstrate more repetitions and show patience as often as needed.
- Most importantly, never miss a chance to show your love, care, and understanding to your child. Never make him feel that he is such a failure and has no hope in becoming a better person.If anything, you need to be his teacher, guidance counselor, and best friend.
The Role or Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care, as part of positive neuroplasticity or an approach to achieving improved memory and cognitive functions, can be an effective and powerful method to boost brain functions and encourage slow learners to achieve significant learning capabilities.
Chiropractic adjustments aim to reduce stress on the body and any damage present in the nervous system. Malfunctions in the nervous system can affect the learning capability of an individual, thus, it is important to bring it back to its proper health state. Through regular chiropractic care, the degeneration of the brain function can be slowed down and increases the chances of boosting learning capabilities.